Do any 2 channel Recto owners actually use the cleans?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Hero

Reaction score
I've always ran mine orange/vintage, red/modern and never considered using the clean channel. I can't really understand why would you when you can have a crushing modern tone, and a smooth singing liquid lead tone.
I mean, I can understand if you ONLY play rhythm, but even so, the clean channel isn't that great so why not just have two flavours of dirt and roll back your volume for some "dirty cleans"?

I'm not trying to be a jackass by the way, i'm just curious.

Im a brand new owner of a rectoverb 2. In the 30 days I've owned my amp, channel 1 has been use 95 % of the time. I'm using channel 1 "pushed" with a stratocaster neck pickup. I'm so happy with my sound, I havent had any desire to try other settings. (I'll get around to it later)

For a great blues tone, channel one is incredible for me. Why people keep bashing channel one is a complete mystery to me. It's the best sound I've had in my home.

i find i like the cleans better when i roll back the guitar volume knob. especially on the red channel.

if someone can give me some great clean settings though, i'll be happy to try 'em out.

however, i don't see myself ever using this amp for clean again after i get my mark2c+ tomorrow. =)

yeah man, for the orange channel for cleans i use modern setting and variable high gain mode. It's very very clean sounding, very sparkly and shimmering. And then my red channel is modern for that brutal high gain chunk. For band practice i switch out sumetimes , lik eill clone the orange channel to red and use vintage on channel 1, to get a nice lead tone, and then for chunky rhytym work flip to channel 2

i use my cleans all the time! i run a reverb/delay in the loop and i think it sounds great, very warm. i run orange-high gain, modern.

Guitarzan said:
Commander Coo1 said:
i use my cleans all the time! i run a reverb/delay in the loop and i think it sounds great, very warm. i run orange-high gain, modern.

That's exactly what I do...

I'm brand new here and have to ask.

What is THIS "ORANGE" thing that everyone keeps mentioning?

orange and red are channels 1 and 2 respectively, on the 2 cahnnel dual recs. you can either set the oranch channel to be clean or high gain.

Random Hero said:
Hold on a minute, ORANGE high gain, PLUS cleans?

You can use the red channel for cleans!?

yes. u can switch the channels so one does what the other does normally. red has the best cleans and high gain, though, so you have to compromise somewhere.

Elpelotero said:
Random Hero said:

yes. u can switch the channels so one does what the other does normally. red has the best cleans and high gain, though, so you have to compromise somewhere.

Haha, in all that time, I never knew that the red channel had cleans. Oh well.

Elpelotero said:
Random Hero said:

Thats not true! You don't have the choice of Clean/Variable High Gain on the Red channel! The switch only applies to the Orange channel! Channel cloning only applies to the Vintage/ Modern voicings to each channel!

BTW, I use my Orange channel for a clean tone! Cloned to Red/ Modern, Clean ( not variable high gain)!

Latest posts

Back