DMC GCX Switcher with Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brion

Reaction score
Has anyone used the GCX Switcher to control channel selections on their Mark IV? Are there any problems using this device to switch the amp? I know about the Axess switcher, but in order to work with the Mark IV it needs to be modified such that it can only be used with this amp. Also the Axess does not send any phantom power to my midi controller AFAIK.

So If you have any experience with the DMC GCX switcher or know something about it as pertains to a Mark IV, please inform me.

Oh by the way, Hello my name is Brion I'm a long time lurker, but just started posting recently. I currently have a DC5 head (In the Classifieds) and a Mark IV. In the past I've had MarkIIC+, Triaxis,Mark III, DR, Rectoverb,Mav, BA and Studio 22 as well as a whole bunch of non boogie boutique and other amps.

Works perfect with the Mark IV. The only problem I have is ground hum issues, but I run tow heads

My understanding on the axess switcher from reading their website is that in order for it to work with a Mark IV they need to make a special cable as well as modify the device itself.

I use the GCX Audio switcher, Use the buffered splitter to split the signal to two heads - A Mark IV and a peavey 6505+. I then use the looping system to control channels on both units.

It works great, flawlessly, and quickly.

I had ground hum issues until I bought a power conditioner and shielded cables, and that is no longer a problem.

I highly reccomend this system, for its sound quality, and ease of use!

visualrocker69 said:
Brion: ...WHY did you lose the IIC+? :shock:

In the late 80's they weren't worth half of what they are today and I probably started using a rack system right after I sold that. I almost bought another one 6-7 years ago for $750 but the timing was wrong and I had just spent my money on a different amp. The 2C+ isn't my grail amp anyway. Overall I prefer the Mark IV.

Howitzer said:
I use the GCX Audio switcher, Use the buffered splitter to split the signal to two heads - A Mark IV and a peavey 6505+. I then use the looping system to control channels on both units.

It works great, flawlessly, and quickly.

I had ground hum issues until I bought a power conditioner and shielded cables, and that is no longer a problem.

I highly reccomend this system, for its sound quality, and ease of use!

Hi,

the external control of amp channel is latched switch or momentary switch ?

The GCX work perfectly switching the Mark IV. I even use the GCX to switch an Egnater IE-4 in and out of my IVA's switchable effects loop. This way I can switch between the IV's and the Egnater's preamp and use the IV's power section. I also use th GCX to switch the IV's Ch1, 2, 3, & EQ with no problems.

I forget which type of switching must be used. I'm pretty sure the manual states which type of switches must be used, so you should download the Mark IV manual from the Mesa site.

I did experience a ground hum when using the GXC in parallel with may other Marks. I just tried it for kicks, and didn't spend any time trying to troubeshoot the ground loop issue.

Latest posts

Back