Diodes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dual rec

Reaction score
On a 3 channel DR what is the difference between silcon diodes and normal vacuum tubes. I think i have an idea but im not completely sure.
Thanks for your help.

Tube rectifier will give you more of a spongy feel when using stock 5UA (?) tubes, and the solid state rectifier will give you a harder attack. I like the tube rectifier the best. For the most part, it's more of a "feel" thing, my sound man and other guitar player couldn't tell the difference in the two, but I sure could..... Most people say the solid state one is best for a tighter metal sound, and it makes your cleans a little crisper.

That about all I know.

^ what he said. the diodes (along with the bold switch) will give you a much tighter attack and bypasses the rectifier tubes. giving it slightly tighter low end and a little more grind to the gain.

thanks a lot for your help. that is kind of what i thought but i wasnt sure. that clears it up a bit. today i switched around with it and i found that i like the tube rectifiers. like you said its a feel thing. my other guitar player thought it sounded better with the tubes. but anyway thanks again.

Latest posts

Back