Different cab and speaker C90 –V30 set-up

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricorocks

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I think I have a stupid question to ask: since I already had a Mesa widebody 1x12 closed back front ported cab with C90 speaker before buying my Mark V head, I am now thinking of buying a Recto 2x12 horizontal to go along with it for a big open sound!!! Do you guys think that the recto 2x12 with V30’s will sound good with my 1x12 C90 wide body front ported closed back cab? Also, both cabs will have a closed back, do you believe that it will produce to much bass? Low end? One last thing. Do I hook up both cabs that are 8 OHM to the 4OHM output on the amp or do I hook them both up to the 8 OHM on the amp? Thank you all very very much…. :shock: :shock:

Whether they sound good together, that will be your opinion. They very well may compliment each other although, in my experience,
I don't like mixing speakers. One becomes dominant over the other and I find it hard to tweak my amp.

Too much bass from a 1x12 and a 2x12? Don't think so. Even with the port, those cabinets aren't big enough to produce too much bass. Your taste and experience may say otherwise, but you can always dial it out if it's too bottomy.

If both cabs are 8 ohms, plug both into the 4 ohm jacks.

Good luck.

Jedro thank you so much for your help and support. I believe i will sell the 1x12 widebody closed back ported and buy the recto 2x12 so that i don't have one speaker being dom. over the other as you state. thanks for not saying that it will be to bassy, and thank you so much for telling me where to hook up both 8 OHM cabs if i were to use them both. Now i know the 4 OHM amp output. thanks again for your great help... Rock on man...

Hey Jedro , come to think of it, i'll just go ahead and get a Mesa Recto 4x12 slant model with V30's for my mark V head :wink: and i'll keep my 1x12 widebody closed back front ported with C90 for band practice since it's easy to lug around :wink: thanks man Rock on....

Latest posts

Back