Difference Between the Rectifiers?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreventThis

Reaction score
What is the difference between the Single rectifier, Dual rectifier, and the Triple rectifier. Besides the wattage. Is there any differences between the 3. Im mainly wanting to know the Difference between the Dual and the Triple because I cant seem to find a dual locally but there are a couple Triples. Is there any difference between the Dual and the Triple besides 50 watts. Thanks.

as far as im aware there is no difference except from the one you stated

the added 50watts in the triple means that your clean channel will probably be a tad better than the dual as it has more headroom meaning there wont be less breakup at louder volumes but if you want a more saturated distortion sound from this beast and area of 4miles will have to be cleared first....these are LOUD amps...and thats an understatement

the Single has less features than the other two.

I'm not an electrical engineer, but my main concern with a Triple Recto is when people try to remove tubes to reduce wattage (as can be done on a Dual Recto).

The problem is twofold:
1) there is a very very miniscule value in removing tubes, because the difference between 50 watts and 100 watts is only 3db. It takes the human ear abot 10db to notice a doubling of volume. So 3db is something you won't notice, and you suffer at the expense of less headroom.
2) Removing the tubes makes the amp go down in impedance by 1/3, which doesn't make sense to me when you go to plug the connections between the amp and the speaker. However, the Dual drops by 1/2, which means you can go to 4ohm, 8ohm, 16ohm, etc...whatever it may be.

Latest posts

Back