Difference between RK II V1 and RKII V2 ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pino0105

Reaction score
Hi,

does anybody know the differnce, resp. the improvement made from RKII V1 to V2?

Thank you

Pino

Its all in the clean channel and the effects loops.

The clean circuit is straight from the LoneStar on the RKII which sounds better to 99% of the people.

Also it has better effects loops.

Channels three and four are the exact same in both versions.

The Roadster is an exact replica of the RKII, minus all of the progressive linkage.

Jay22 said:
Its all in the clean channel and the effects loops.

The clean circuit is straight from the LoneStar on the RKII which sounds better to 99% of the people.

Also it has better effects loops.

Channels three and four are the exact same in both versions.

The Roadster is an exact replica of the RKII, minus all of the progressive linkage.

So the RK II V1 has still the "old" clean channels the RK II V2 received the Lonestar Cleans ? Did I understand you right?

I played a cranked one yesterday in my garage (videos coming), it's pretty badass. And I agree with Phyrexia, I think it's just I and II unless there's a mod in the production we haven't been explicitly told about ala Recto and Mark revisions.

RKI has the "old" cleans, a triode/pentode switch for the EL34, one series and one parallel loop.

RKII has the new Lone Star cleans, revoiced tweed and brit modes, two series loops, and tube reverb. They got rid of the triode/pentode switch for the EL34.
RKII v1 has a external switcher for fog machines, lights, drum loop.
RKII v2 has a tuner out/mute instead of the external switch.

There is more that was changed between the RKI and RKII. Like the placement of reverb and loop knobs/functions. I would suggest looking at the manuals for more detail.

MetalMatt said:

:shock: Are you serious? Haha. Now I am CONVICNED the RKII is the ultimate ego amp.

Having had all three RK's I can confirm that the answer from MetalMatt is the correct one. (I saw other replies where the "RKII v1" was being mixed up with "RKI", which is not what You were asking for).

Actually, I got a RK II V1 with a RK II V2 footswitch, but Mesa took care of that :)

MetalMatt said:
RKI has the "old" cleans, a triode/pentode switch for the EL34, one series and one parallel loop.

RKII has the new Lone Star cleans, revoiced tweed and brit modes, two series loops, and tube reverb. They got rid of the triode/pentode switch for the EL34.
RKII v2 has a tuner out/mute instead of the external switch.

There is more that was changed between the RKI and RKII. Like the placement of reverb and loop knobs/functions. I would suggest looking at the manuals for more detail.

Thanx to you all guys, its now clear like mineral water... the fog went off and the light are all on now.. and I am tuned as well!! ;-)

Back