Diezel Herbert

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeldragonjovi

Reaction score
I went into GC yesterday and was able to play the $4400 Diezel Herbert they had. It was pretty sweet. Channel 3 is a very strong rhythm tone; it's great for heavy rock. If you get a chance, play one! Although, I doubt I will ever seriously think of buying one...

Never had the chance to play a Diezel. Everyone seems to find them amazing but every clip I hear on the internet is disappointing to me.
Sound nice for some open chords, but palmmutes sound not thick enough.

check this out. http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?value=Diezel%20Herbert&section=amp

The second one is probably the best.

Yeah Diezel Herberts rock hardcore.

Mine:

DSC00347_resize.JPG

~Matt

I just bought a Herbert today and should be receiving it hopefully by Friday. Otherwise, it is going to be a loooooong weekend! :lol:

Any recommendations on cabs? I have a Diezel 4X12 NYC cab loaded w/ custom voice Eminence speakers already as well as Bogner 4X12 w/ V30s and a Ubercab. I'm wondering if there is a "magic" combination w/ Herbert that you guys have experienced...

Found the first two clips to be extremely dry... as if i was hearing sand paper. The 2nd clip's double-bass pedal sounded like a guitarist made the track, i.e. ridiculous percussion that backed the guitar riffs too much. 3rd clip was considerably better than the prior two.

That being said, I'll take a couple.

I was underwhelmed when I played a Herbert. I would like to spend more time with it, however. It was good but not $3800 good.

I have spent quite a bit of time with Diezels...they leave me thnking "what's the big deal?"

Rocky said:
I have spent quite a bit of time with Diezels...they leave me thnking "what's the big deal?"

I'd have to say the customer service and lifetime warranty for one! Oh, and the features, construction, and tone ain't too bad either. :wink:

I realize that tone is totally subjective to the individual, and a lot of the Diezel hype is due to the pricetag. I personally have always hated the tone & feel of the Dual/Triple Recto's. They sound like a buzzsaw to me?On the other hand, I love the Stiletto Deuce Stage I and the Lonestar Series amps. I've had a love/hate relationship with the Mark Series and Triaxis since their inception. It's all a matter of personal taste!

I own a Herbert and Einstein and I really like them. I'm still a bit confused as to the justification of the cost, however Peter Diezel has stated that he cannot build them any cheaper and I "do" trust him. Also, the cost of the Diezel's in the US are about the same as some of the Mesa stuff in Europe from what I gather. The Road King in Germany costs them as much as the Herbert & VH4 costs us Americans. If that's the case, I'd say we Diezel owners in the U.S. are getting the better end of the deal!

Anyway, that's "the big deal" for me! :)

I like my Bad Cat 'Panther' more than anything I have come across. For super gain amps I have kinda liked ENGL pieces over the Diezels i have used.

Having said that I didnt mean to slight Diezel in ANY way.....that is a company that churns outfantastic products. I guess they just arent for me.

Rocky said:
I like my Bad Cat 'Panther' more than anything I have come across. For super gain amps I have kinda liked ENGL pieces over the Diezels i have used.

Having said that I didnt mean to slight Diezel in ANY way.....that is a company that churns outfantastic products. I guess they just arent for me.

Right on! I wasn't taking offense or anything, just playing "devils advocate" with my point of view. :twisted:

I've not played the ENGL amps before, however from all the clips I've heard, they sound a little "grainey" in the distortion for my tastes if that makes any sense?

I do however "Love" the Bad Cat amps! When my bank account recovers from the Diezel's in a decade or so, :mrgreen: I'd really like to pick up a Hot Cat or a Lynx! I've not heard a Panther before. Is it similiar to the Hot Cat?

peace brotha!

I live in belgium so diezels are easy to get here. I agree with what some of you guys are saying here. I also tested these heads out and I think they are really not that great. I prefer the boogie and engl sound. It is personal taste but I heard diezels have extensive midi problems and I think if you pay that kind of price the head should be flawless!!

Back