Diesel 2x10 Speakers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flo0

Reaction score
Hi!

I wanted to know, which speakers are in my Mesa Boogie Diesel 2x10.
I srewed off the back of the cabinet that i can look what stands in the back of the speakers. But there is only a number: 810-1320-9309
But how can i see which speakers are in the cabinet?
I made two pictures of the cabinet.
I hope you can help me.

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00447wp0.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1020202wo6.jpg

Thx :)

PS: Sorry for my bad english :oops:

Thanks, MesaColiseum300!

From where do you have these info?
And which speakers are better? The Eden or EVM (is this Electro Voice?)?

PS: My cabinet has 300 Watt (8 Ohm). Perhaps it is important.

Flo0 said:
Thanks, MesaColiseum300!

From where do you have these info?
And which speakers are better? The Eden or EVM (is this Electro Voice?)?

PS: My cabinet has 300 Watt (8 Ohm). Perhaps it is important.

Sorry Flo0, I'm not a bass player, I have taken these informations from original Mesa/Boogie 1994 catalogue that I have. I know that Eden builds
bass amplifiers and cabs :

http://www.eden-electronics.com/

Yes, EVM is Electro Voice :

http://www.electrovoice.com/index.php

Sorry, I have never compared these speakers because I'm a guitar player. You have to read specifications of both speakers on the websites I have given you to have an answer to your question. Sorry again, I would have been very happy to help you, but I don't know anything more about it.

PS : a little review for your cab with specifications :

http://www.bgra.net/2004/review.php?id=153&type=cabinet

PS : In every cab, to see the rear surface of your speakers and consequently their brand,you have to unscrew the back panel cab screws .

Thanks for the links!

MesaColiseum300 said:
PS : In every cab, to see the rear surface of your speakers and consequently their brand,you have to unscrew the back panel cab screws .
I unscrewed already the back of the cab but there doesn't stand the brand. Only a numer (810-1320-9309).

I asked the seller about the speakers and he said that they must be EVM-speakers because the cab has 300 Watt.
Is that right?

Flo0 said:
I asked the seller about the speakers and he said that they must be EVM-speakers because the cab has 300 Watt.
Is that right?

Hi Flo0, yes it's right in my opinion.

MesaColiseum300 said:
Flo0 said:
Is that right?

OK, thanks.
But why are you so sure that the speakers must be EV-speakers when the cab has 300 Watt?

Does it help maybe when i write an e-mail to Mesa Boogie? Do you think that they can help me?

Flo0 said:
MesaColiseum300 said:
Flo0 said:
Is that right?

OK, thanks.
But why are you so sure that the speakers must be EV-speakers when the cab has 300 Watt?

Does it help maybe when i write an e-mail to Mesa Boogie? Do you think that they can help me?

I'm not completely sure, but Diesel 210 with 2x10 EVMs is smaller than Diesel 210 with Eden speakers.
Usually stock Mesa bass cabs came with EVM speakers, Eden were optional. I have the original Mesa/Boogie catalogue 1994-1995 with specifications about all products, I have read that : Diesel 2:10 300 watts 8Ohms had EVM or Eden speakers. In my opinion you're right, it's better to send an email to Mesa asking for specifications and I also suggest to give them your speakers identification number : 810-1320-9309 . The only thing that sounds strange to me is that speakers don't have a brand printed on the rear surface, because usually all speakers have a brand name on the rear surface .

MesaColiseum300 said:
I'm not completely sure, but Diesel 210 with 2x10 EVMs is smaller than Diesel 210 with Eden speakers.
Usually stock Mesa bass cabs came with EVM speakers, Eden were optional. I have the original Mesa/Boogie catalogue 1994-1995 with specifications about all products, I have read that : Diesel 2:10 300 watts 8Ohms had EVM or Eden speakers. In my opinion you're right, it's better to send an email to Mesa asking for specifications and I also suggest to give them your cab identification number : 810-1320-9309 . The only thing that sounds strange to me is that speakers don't have a brand written on the rear surface, because usually all speakers have a brand name printed on the rear surface .
Do you know the differences of the size? Because then i can measure the cab.
I wrote an e-mail to Mesa Boogie and i hope that they can help me.

Flo0 said:
MesaColiseum300 said:
Usually stock Mesa bass cabs came with EVM speakers, Eden were optional. I have the original Mesa/Boogie catalogue 1994-1995 with specifications about all products, I have read that : Diesel 2:10 300 watts 8Ohms had EVM or Eden speakers. In my opinion you're right, it's better to send an email to Mesa asking for specifications and I also suggest to give them your cab identification number : 810-1320-9309 . The only thing that sounds strange to me is that speakers don't have a brand written on the rear surface, because usually all speakers have a brand name printed on the rear surface .
Do you know the differences of the size? Because then i can measure the cab.
I wrote an e-mail to Mesa Boogie and i hope that they can help me.

Unfortunately on the catalogue there weren't any measure, sorry (the 1995 catalogue had only pics of the cabs and some specifications). I think that Mesa could help you simply giving them speaker identification number.

MesaColiseum300 said:
Unfortunately on the catalogue there weren't any measure, sorry (the 1995 catalogue had only pics of the cabs and some specifications). I think that Mesa could help you simply giving them speaker identification number.
Are in the catalogue pictures of both cabs?
I hope, that the number is helping the guys at Mesa Boogie.
I really hope that's the indentification number.

Flo0 said:
MesaColiseum300 said:

The pictures of the bass cabs are at pages 24-25 of the catalogue. In the pictures Your cab is shown as RoadReady with a 1-15 400 watts cab under and the catalogue says exactly this :

" 2-10 on 1-15 Full Range each hf driver w/3-pos.switch 2-10:300 watts,8Ohms,Eden or EVM 1-15FR: 400 watts 8Ohm. "

PS : In other words your diesel cab 210 300 watts is shown over another diesel 400 watts 1x15cab. there aren't pictures of the two different 210 Diesel cabs , there's only a picture similar to yours, I supposed it's an EVM loaded cab (300 watts).

MesaColiseum300 said:
Flo0 said:
MesaColiseum300 said:

The pictures of the bass cabs are at pages 24-25 of the catalogue. In the pictures Your cab is shown as RoadReady with a 1-15 400 watts cab under and the catalogue says exactly this :

" 2-10 on 1-15 Full Range each hf driver w/3-pos.switch 2-10:300 watts,8Ohms,Eden or EVM 1-15FR: 400 watts 8Ohm. "

PS : In other words your diesel cab 210 300 watts is shown over another diesel 400 watts 1x15cab. there aren't pictures of the two different 210 Diesel cabs , there's only a picture similar to yours, I supposed it's an EVM loaded cab (300 watts).
Thanks!
Can you say me which colour the hf driver from has?

Flo0 said:
MesaColiseum300 said:
Flo0 said:

Thanks!
Can you say me which colour the hf driver from has?

there's not a picture of Diesel 210 rear panel. The picture shows the front of your Diesel 210. There's hf driver picture, but it's from a POWERHOUSE 1000. The colour is black with three positions : HIGH -OFF-LOW

Latest posts

Back