Die cast Mesa/Boogie logo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
When did Mesa switch from the flat Mesa/Boogie logo to the raised die cast Mesa/Boogie logo on their amps and cabs? I assume early '90s.

I'm asking because my Studio .22+, which has a 6/28/89 date written inside it, has the die cast logo and I've never seen another this early with it.
100_9183%7E0.JPG

yeah, that looks different than my Studio .22 which I purchase later mid 90's (? 87)

Anyway, here's the evolution of MESA logos into the Recto logos getting creative with Adobe PhotoShop - lol :lol:
MESABoogieLogo.gif

Some member here wasn't sure if he the "mushroom" effect wore off yet looking at my logo.

Don said:
When did Mesa switch from the flat Mesa/Boogie logo to the raised die cast Mesa/Boogie logo on their amps and cabs? I assume early '90s.

I'm asking because my Studio .22+, which has a 6/28/89 date written inside it, has the die cast logo and I've never seen another this early with it.

I don't know specifically when they started using the die cast logo but doubt it was as early as 6/89.
If my speculation is accurate then you could have a replacement logo on your 22+ or it could have a replacement grille with the die cast logo.
Fwiw these grilles are interchangeable (same size) on a number of Mesa amps.
For example the combo shells for the Studio .22's and Mark Series are the same size.

gts said:
For example the combo shells for the Studio .22's and Mark Series are the same size.

My .22+ and DC3's cab appear to be the same size though I don't know if they're exact. They both sit on my Thiele cab the same.

Don said:
gts said:

My .22+ and DC3's cab appear to be the same size though I don't know if they're exact. They both sit on my Thiele cab the same.
Yep, they are the same size.
Fwiw I had both a Studio .22 and Mark series amps at the same time.
Also know from many post pm with other members who have doe some measuring for me that the DC3 combo shell is the same size as well.
Matter of fact the DC5 is the same as the Mark series widebody.
The combos and headshells for all are interchangeable (except for the early Mark series - same size just different mounting hole spacing).

So it could also be this was a combo shell from a later Mark series or DC3 that the Studio .22 is sitting in.

I think it's the original combo shell- the chassis and cabinet were very tight together when I pulled the chassis out and the markings in the shielding foil match perfectly. It's got the older style grill cloth as well rather than the newer style woven type my mid '90s DC3 has and 5:50 had. I think the logo was replaced at some time.

Latest posts

Back