Dialing in a Fender and a Vox type tone on a LSS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunner

Reaction score
Is there anyone that has a Fender Deluxe or a Vox AC30 that has tried to simulate those sounds on a Lonestar Special? If so, could you share your settings?

Gunner said:
Is there anyone that has a Fender Deluxe or a Vox AC30 that has tried to simulate those sounds on a Lonestar Special? If so, could you share your settings?

Yeah, I actually did a head-to-head (ha) comparison last week between the LSS and AC30CCH heads (in an effort to determine if they were "close enough" for me to sell the AC30CCH). This is what I ended up with before my ears got too fatigued to be able to finish the job:

LSS C1 (like Vox normal channel w/ brilliance on):
gain 1:30
treble 1:30
mid 7:30
bass 10:00
presence 3:00
master 10:00
30w

LSS C2 (like Vox top boost channel):
drive 1:30
gain 9:00 (which the LSS typically sets gain > drive, setting drive > gain creates a more Vox-like tone IMO)
treble 4:00
mid 10:00
bass 10:00
presence 3:00
master 10:30
15w
normal (not thick) voicing

Didn't get a chance to mess with the reverb any (since my LSS arrived with a DOA reverb tank), though I do think it's cool that both amps have warm/bright voicing options for the 'verb.

Try these out and let me know what you think... if you can improve on 'em, let me know.

--B

I like! THis amp keeps surprising me with new tones! THX for sharing! Gunner

Latest posts

Back