Devin Townsend - Hyperdrive Clip (Mark IIC+)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
I was in the mood to make a quick cover/tribute to one of my favorite musicians. This clip is not intended to play exactly like his tune nor sound like his production (who could).

I mixed elements from the Ziltoid and Addicted versions. Hope you like it! Sorry about the wanking at the end.

Thoughts?

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/63-Hyperdrive%20%28with%20wah%29.mp3

Wow. As a pretty stout Recto guy I do have to say, that crunch tone is fabulous.

I know everyone would sell their mother for a IIC+, and based on your clip I see the appeal.

And as for your playing, its tight and clean.

Good job duder.

Excellent cover man you captured a very similar tone to that of Mr Townsend, what pickups are you using in the guitar you used to cover this song?

If a Mark IIC+ can get this close to Devin Townsends tone I could only imagine how close a Dual/Triple Recto Rectifier would get to his tone.

top notch man... which version of the song do you like more the chick singing, or zoltoid?

i kinda like yours more..

Sounds fantastic! Now you've got me wondering what it would sound like to play through his Dual Recto/Stiletto Deuce rig. I mean, that's gotta be cool.

Thanks guys! I know Devin most likely used Rectos on Ziltoid and his new Budda amps on Addicted. I think this clip turned out much better on the "Cranked IIC+ Clip" I just posted. Check it out too.

nice! i'm a HUGE devin townsend fan and that was definitely a cool version! 8)

That track sounds killer, playing is great----would it be possible to get a copy of just rhythm to jam over?

Latest posts

Back