deleted post

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, I enjoy going to the guitar shops, and plugging into all sorts of sonic goodies 8) The process of buying, selling and trading is part of the fun.

I do have to get a LSS, though :lol:

Yes, the LSS is one sexy amp....now that I've sold my LSC (another great amp) in favor of the same cleans n my RK II -- the LSS will get revisited later this year..... 8)

Well, I have a Vicky Vlux, a Fender Vibro King, a LSC, and Z Maz 38, and my LSS 1 x 12 with a 1x 12 ext cab.

More times than the others combined, its the LSS I play. Some much flexibility.

I only have one concern

I have a HECK of a time dialing in humbucker guitars (LP, PRS Cu 24).

Any advice on settings?

For clean with h/b in ch 1 try; gain=10'oclock (5watts) effect loop off
treb=11
bass=11
mid=11
pres=1
master=1......with this setting my PRS Hollowbody II tone in middle and volume at 8 and at 10 if you dig in = nice breakup all controllable via pick pressure.

For clean with h/b in channel 2 try; everything the same but add effect loop and take output control to 1:30.......you'll get a bit more clean headroom and you can also flavor with thick control........I've noticed in normal it's black face, thick is plexi and thicker is classic Boogie.

For high gain drive in channel 2 take gain to 1ish and leave drive at 11.......nice crunch with or without loop in although adding it and then goosing output to 2 is pretty killer.
Hey I just rebought it last night and this is what I played with today...........I'm sure there are plenty of other settings that will float your boat.............h/b clean can always be tricky as there are so many varied h/b outputs such as an R-8 LP I sold to my son that was easily twice the output of the PRS.

If there's a chink in the LSS's Armor, it would be Humbucking pickups, it doesn't handle them quite well; you can EQ it to be very good at moderate volumes, but at full blast, it get's quite muddy.

IMHO the LSS was made for single coils all the time, humbuckers for the studio or moderate volume use.

i have a lss 2x12 and i agree single coiles pick ups sound best.i use a fender tele deluxe plus with lace sensor pick ups they sound great through my lss.i also have a les paul custom i put burst bucker pro's on it and had it wired pre 1960's and its hard getting a good full sound with out it getting muddy at higher volumes out of my lss so i am on the quest for a amp just for my gibson and keep the lss for single coils guitar.

Latest posts

Back