Delay suggestions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ibanez AD-999 is basically the same as the Ibanez AD-202, but with less controls and options. I would recommend the AD-202 since it has modulation controls, wet/dry outs, mic/inst inputs, wet/dry blend, and in addition to delay it can do Doubling, Flanger, and Chorus. You can also tweak it to get a longer delay out of it. Basically with the modulation controls you can do anything from reverb to tremolo to whacked out delay. And for $150 its not much more than a DD-6, and worth it.

Having owned a lot of the high end digital delays. I would rank them as follows.

1. Empress Super Delay *if money is not a factor best digital delay made, tons of useful features, great build quality and the best sound quality I have heard. No coloration at all, as warm or as digital as you like. LOVE IT.

delay_top_big.jpg

2. T-REX Replica *amazing delay, but at only 50 dollars less than the Empress there is no reason to buy it. I regretted selling mine until I got the Empress. Empress sounds just as good but adds 7 more amazing sounding modes*

3. Eventide * It beats out the nova by just a small amount. But to me it heavily colored the tone when engaged. I had to return it. It had features out the *** though*

I actually run a Carbon Copy in my chain too, great sounding analog delay, no tone coloration and very warm. I love it. Not bad for 150 dollars. I owned a Memory Lane 1 as well, great delay, but I didn't find it to be worth its price tag. Had to offload it

Glad to see you found it, I should have linked it. Anyway order direct from steve if you can. Its 25 dollars to ship...from CA to US but he deserves the direct business. Otherwise go to Tonefactor.com brad there is a nice guy. They seem to sell for the same everywhere.

Factree said:
Glad to see you found it, I should have linked it. Anyway order direct from steve if you can. Its 25 dollars to ship...from CA to US but he deserves the direct business. Otherwise go to Tonefactor.com brad there is a nice guy. They seem to sell for the same everywhere.

can you tell me..is the switching as difficult as it appears? It seems that in the demo vids there's a lot of stomping to get to the cannels.

I like it a lot so far. I am watching videos. PM your number so I may call you?

I personally don't use presents. There is a bit of tapping if you want to go back and fourth, but not really more so than the eventide. It really is as plug and play or in depth as you like. If you want to ask in depth quesitons. I would Call Steve Bragg at empress he is an awesome guy.
He would be able to far better answer your questions. If you still need advice I dont mind chatting.

I just grabbed this from my last email I had going with him:

Empress Effects Inc.
888-676-1853 (toll free)

Factree said:
I personally don't use presents. There is a bit of tapping if you want to go back and fourth, but not really more so than the eventide. It really is as plug and play or in depth as you like. If you want to ask in depth quesitons. I would Call Steve Bragg at empress he is an awesome guy.
He would be able to far better answer your questions. If you still need advice I dont mind chatting.

I just grabbed this from my last email I had going with him:

Empress Effects Inc.
888-676-1853 (toll free)

calling them now...Talking to Steve

thank you!

Ibanez AD9, Boss DD-3 are my picks, but for a large number of options the Line 6 DL-4 is hard to go past.

i thought the DD-6 was **** i dont hold to much hope for the DD-7....

I know I put a plug in for the Rockman Stereo Echo earlier which by the way is awesome. But I just got a Carbon Copy and I'm really liking it. Rockman is on it's way out. Only because I'm trying to get away from a rack and the CC is suiting me just fine. Both sound fantastic and are simple to use.

ALL analog delays 'mess' with your tone. That's the beautiful thing about them! That wonderful analog warmth and modulation!

If you want pristine - you HAVE to go digital. It sucks to convert A/D and D/A again. But there are some good ones!

My personal fave - T.C. Electronic D-Two

It's. Killer.

romk said:
leblanc74,
watch pigtronix echolution video @ youtube PROGUITARSHOP

Has anyone else tried this one?...
pigtronix echolution

http://www.pigtronix.com/products/Phi.htm

romk said:
leblanc74, i was considering that but had not tried myself. Finally I made up my mind to get Ooh La La Quicksilver. I love it! Absolutely psychodelic run away repeats, analogue modulation from subtle chorus to heaviest swirl, vintage sound of slapback- these all are there. Delay tone goes from quasi clean to dark. Cool sound overall that fits my style.

Yeah, but's it $500.00!!

I was playing around with the Ooh La La Quicksilver the other day at my local music store. It really does make some crazy sounds. I just can't see paying $500 for a digital delay though.
My $150 MXR Carbon Copy is a great sounding analog delay, highly recommended.
If you have around $350 the Maxon AD999 is the king of analog delays in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back