Delay/Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerxst88

Reaction score
Right now i have a Boss DD-6 that i got for a steal ($50 used) and its a nice pedal but ive been wondering about selling it for more than i got it for and get an analog delay/reverb kind of pedal. i want reverb and delay in the same package and thats really all the options i need. the DD-6 has tons of settings but id rather just have a nice sounding pedal to give me some space.

any suggestions? how much do you think i could sell it for?

I've recently picked up a MXR Carbon Copy. It is a great analog delay pedal. I got it to replace a Boss Digital Delay/Reverb pedal. The difference is really noticeable on the clean channel of my LSS.

I am personally a big fan of the Ibanez/Maxon AD202 analog delay. Real warm vintage delay. You can find one on the bay for under $200. I own one and its fucking sweet. Its rackmount, but thats a plus for me...

Check out www.ehx.com, they may have something. I would not recommend the Boss delay/reverb pedal they used to make. I sold mine - reverb sounded extremely "digital". Probably only on ebay now if you could find it.

the AD999 lacks modulation... while the AD202 is the same circuit with more flexibility...

If you want the ultimate in delay/reverb, you have to look at a Echoplex and the Roland Space Echo 201 and 401. Tape delay is the best, IMO. :wink:

Get the Eventide Timefactor. You can dial in a a pseudo-reverb using the multitap delay function on the pedal...

I may not be the most experienced delay/reverb user, but my Maxon AD999 Pro is extremely pleasing to the ear. Very warm. It has the second longest analog delay time (900ms), only beaten by the Moog MF-104z (1000ms), which is more of a studio delay (& double the price). As dmt states, it lacks modulation. For me this is not a problem at all, it simply sounds great for everything I play. If you want to sacrifice the warmth for versatility, the Timefactor seems like a good choice. At least it's good enough for Petrucci and Vai:)

KH Guitar Freak said:
Get the Eventide Timefactor. You can dial in a a pseudo-reverb using the multitap delay function on the pedal...

+1

Latest posts

Back