delay pedal with your mark iv

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeppman

Reaction score
How many of you use a delay pedal with your mesas (specifically mark iv)... just curious. I've never owned one and am somewhat interested. If you do, what specific pedal, and how do you use it? On all the time, just for leads... etc. Thanks!

i use a Boss DD-20 as the last effect in my loop, i often use it on leads, clean intros to songs, and for making crazy alien noises (check out D-tune on my band's page if you're confused :D)

i like it because you can save a few different preset patches or set it manually, it's delay time range is huge (1ms to 23s), it has a tone control and different delay modes (although i mostly use "analog" and "modulation" with the tone rolled back) and is supposedly a little more rugged than the Line6 DL-4

I use a Line 6 DL4 in the loop of my Mark IV. I love the fact that it gives me 3 presets and sounds great. I use it fairly wet on melodic leads or sparingly to give other parts more fullness. Delay is probably my favorite effect.

I have an older Danelectro Delay in the loop of the Mark IV. I'm not even sure the model, i just borrow it from the other guitarist in the band. It's the only effect I use. I run it like a slapback, cut the highs to keep it background, adjust the mix to something like 40% wet. No long trails or anything just something to give leads some dimension and depth. Since it's the only effect I use I leave it on all the time and switch the loop on and off when I want it, handy dandy.

It seems like everyone is using a digital delay. Has anyone tried an analog? Do they differ that much? $300+ seems fairly steep for a analog model, while it seems the digital ones are much cheaper.

I just looked mine up and it's the DanEcho. All analog, tape delay sim. According to the official website it goes for 129$

I think it sounds nice and unlike most Boss pedals i've frigged around with, it doesn't suck out your bass.

http://www.danelectro.com/big2.htm

zeppman said:
It seems like everyone is using a digital delay. Has anyone tried an analog? Do they differ that much? $300+ seems fairly steep for a analog model, while it seems the digital ones are much cheaper.
i was using a Boss DM-2 until it crapped out, that thing sounded awesome :cry:

I prefer analog delay myself.

I have an EH Deluxe Memory Man in my loop on the Mark IV.. sounds unreal.

I use a Replifex and Intellifex.

I really like the echoplex too... but not for everyday playing 8)

Boss DD's suck bass, yes, but for my use, I don't mind. I like to just give my leads a little extra top end edge which does not call for much bass.

zeppman said:

I use a Diamond Memory Lane and a Maxon AD-999 in my Mark IIIs. They sound better than any of the digital delays I've tried.

I run the Mark IV's slave out to a Yamaha UD Stomp and the UD outs into a 50/50 poweramp in a W/D/W setup. It sound simply amazing.

I use an Ibanez DE7, and you simply cannot beat it for the price. I think I got mine for about $50 new. I don't know much about digital delay as I don't use it often, so I don't know whether or not the digital delay setting on the pedal sounds good compared to other delays. However, I do know that the tape setting is the best I've ever heard compared to real tape echo's. It's worth buying for this setting alone.

t0aj15,

Could you go into a little more detail on your setup. What's after the power amp?

Latest posts

Back