Default Channel on Mark IV/footswitch bypass

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarnine

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a Behringer FCB 1010 midi foot controller and TC Elec. G-major processor. I am trying to take advantage of the relay switch feature of both these units to control the Mark IV's channels via external switch inputs.........
My question is : Is there a default channel when the FU-3 footswitch is not connected and you are set external switching? I spoke with a few Fellow MarkIV owners who say it defaults to R1. Mine doesn't. I have a Mark IV-B model......is there a way to accomplish this without buying a switching system such as the axxes stuff-just using the gear I have listed above. any advice from anyone using the same setup to change channels on the mark would be greatly appreciated.

I am pretty sure you will need 3 of the relay switch's.The default is nothing because nothing is pluged into it... so no you can't do it with that unit.. You need a GCX-4..

Tom

Thanks Tom, Ok....I tried using two of the G-major's relays to control R1 & R2 and one from the FCB to control the Lead chan.....won't work, But-It looks like i figured out a way around it. If i leave the FU-3 connected and set to R2, I can control R1 & lead with just the G-major's switch relays, leaving me the two relays from the FCB 1010 to control two of the other external functions.

Do you think if i left the FU-3 footswitch mounted in the back of the Mark IV that it would suffer any heat damage coming from the tubes? I would like to get it off of my pedal board since i only need it for R2 default.

I'm more worried about the amp than the foot controller. If you mount the controller there, the air flow to cool the tubes and the amp would be impeded.

I would not leave the footswitch mounted to the back of the amp there is limited room back there already for airflow. It’s not the tubes so much you have to worry about it’s the components sitting in the chassis. That chassis can become a frying pan.
And what your doing is this a temp thing? Seems like this might be more work than it’s worth.

Back