decisions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatoni

Reaction score
i currently have a mark iv but now money is getting tight because of school. i have been wondering how good of an idea selling my mk iv would be. id plan on buying an ada mp1 in order to have some gas money next semester. my question is, how much better (if better at all?) is the mark iv than the ada? i dont absolutely have to do this but if the losses arent too great the extra cash might justify the loss of tone.

I've always tried not to sell something I know I'll buy again.

That said, I did sell everything I owned short of my guitar to keep a roof.

I personal feel that if you do sell it, you will regret it later on. ( I do this a lot in the past and I always wish i didn't make those decisions. )

Of course this is just my personal opinion though. But still, i haven't heard a better sounding amp than the mark IV.

Don't sell your amp.. pick up a part time job to pay for gas and school. You will just kick yourself later for it.

mrd said:
Don't sell your amp.. pick up a part time job to pay for gas and school. You will just kick yourself later for it.

ABSOLUTELY!

IF you are driving a toyota, and then take a ride with a mercedes, the difference isn't that big, BUT
when you get back to your toyota, the difference is HUGE.

ok well i just bought the mp1 for cheap to hear the difference. how should i run it using the mkiv preamp? i mean will the settings on the mkiv change the tone of the mp1 (are any/which of the knobs on the mkiv adjusting the power amp)? i have an idea but i dont want to blow anything up, inlcuding my ear drums

Run it into the effects return of the Mark with nothing coming out of the send. This will bypass the Mark's preamp. The controls that will affect the sound will be simul/class A, tweed/full power, pentode/triode and presence. Hope that helps. Adjust volume with the MP1. Make sure you start low because you're completely bypassing all the volume controls on the Mark IV and you'll blast the hell out of your ears and the power amp.

thanks. i assume that you use guitar cables and not speaker cables?

thats what i thought but ive never done it and you cant be too sure. thanks guys. i played around with the ada and am kinda impressed. it doesnt replace the mark iv but the features are neat. ill play around with this little guy for christmas break and then decide if i sell it or get a job :cry:

I used to have an MP-1. Great little preamps.

I ran mine into the Effects Loop Return of an old Lee Jackson head and the sound was tremendous. I used to get a lot of compliments from guys who were much better players than me.

Latest posts

Back