Decided - Triaxis is the way to go, but need advice on efxs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MontyW

Reaction score
After much testing, playing, listening and deliberation I have decided to go with a new Triaxis as my preamp.

My new dilemma is around the use of effects in my rack. I currently use the following pedals: Maxon OD9 pro+ and Maxon CP9 pro+ comp. I have a Decimator Pro Rack G and its as simple as that.

I have a dilemma in that I need a good reverb, delay, phase shift and chorus for my future work. I could go with individual analog pedals for each of the effects and use a switcher/looper. OR I could look into rack effects. I'm keen to have a rack reverb.

So school me on what rack effects I should look into for modulation, delay and reverb? I was keen on the TC G-Force, but was advised that the phaser is really quite weak in this unit and would get no where near say for example a Maxon stand alone pedal.

I've also been chatting to some studio guys who rate TC's studio reverb, delay and efxs and have suggested these can 'easily' be used on stage and quote many artists that do so, via midi. I'm not 100% convinced studio efxs are best placed to deal with live situations.

Please keep in mind that this rig will be gigged and used in the studio. I appreciate that if I go rack efx that I will have a massive learning curve too.

Budget is around £3k GBP for all my rack effects.

Any advice? Thanks!

I have used many different FX over the years. Have owned 2 Triaxis' for over 20 years. The best I have ever used is the TC Electronics G System. Has all reverbs, delays, mod and pitch FX. Has 1 Loop to be dedicated to the Triaxis and 3 more loops for your Pedals. Has a built in tuner and even can do Wah FX. The brain can be seperated from the pedalboard so everything can be hooked up in your rack and be controlled by the Pedal board. Rack unit can even power your FX pedals. Price new is $1500 USD. You can find them cheaper. If you get one, Check out "Laird's White Paper". This will really teach you how to get the most from your system.
Dave

I use the Lexicon MPX-G2 (with the R1 Midi board) with my Triaxis and it works and sounds like a charm. With 3K to spend I´d probably check out the Eventide Eclipse though, maybe in combination with a G-System

G-Major and a good MIDI floorboard seems to do the trick for a lot of touring pros :)

+1 for g-system

Although I cannot say if the phaser is any good I never use it.
Wah is decent but I still use a dedicated wah rack unit anyway.

Comp and gate are ok but I'd keep what u have if I were u...

Reverb and delays are out of this world. This is what I use it for mainly. Ppl seem to like chorus as well but I don't use it much

I play death metal so my fx needs arent very complicated...

Relay and loops are great. Get the newer version if u do pro guitar shop has them for 1200$ I think.

Ignore all the above and get a TC 1210 rack CHorus/Flanger ... rare but findable ... pricey though plus get a TC M3000 end of story unless you need a harmoniser as well. You have the budget and you can't get better than these. :wink:

Back