Dead Dual Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveP

Reaction score
My amp has been fine the entire time I've owned it. I recently did a full retube with JJ6l6's and last week my amp died. Not sure if the retube is related. When I turn the amp on I get nothing. No lights, sounds, nada. No odd smells either.

I checked the power cable, fuse, tried reseating the power tubes, and also tried using Silicon Diodes. Nothing seems to work.

I'm talking with Mesa now trying to figure out what to do. There are no repair stations in Hawaii :(

Any ideas?

Definitely try putting the old tubes back in.

Also make sure that you didn't bend any of the tube socket contacts when you put the new tubes in. Make sure that they are not spread too open/wide.

Since, you just changed your tubes last week, and I assume the amp was working fine until that time, the odds are that the problem is most likely related to the tube change.

Good luck.

I just got off the phone with Rich from Mesa. He seems to think it is a faulty power tuber causing a blown fuse. The fuse doesn't look blow but I'm heading out to grab some replacments.

ChrisRocksUSA said:
****, hope you get it figured out.

remind me never to buy JJs :?

I don't think this has anything to do with the quailty of JJ's. Actually I just ordered another matched pair of JJ 6L6's to troubleshoot with. Tubes are tubes, gonna get a bad one every once in awhile.

Turned out just being a fuse.

A BIG thanks to Rich at Mesa/Boogie for helping me troubleshoot the amp.

Latest posts

Back