DC3 effects loop help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bede400

Reaction score
hi everyone i have a dc3 and have not been using the loop but some new pedals are making their way onto my board and i would like to use some in the effects loop.

however when i tested it there was a volume drop between about 25% and 75% on the mix dial, this occurred whilst setting the mix level.

at about zero i have full volume,

when i turn the mix up my volume drops dramatically!,

if i turn it too 100% wet the volume is back up again.

i prefer to mix my effects in at about 50%.

any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it thanks

Sorry mate, really hard to understand your question without punctuations. :D

In my brief experimentation with my DC-5, they don't seem to dig pedals too much unless you've got the mix set at 100%. I think for 25-50% mix you'd need something that has a "kill dry" feature, such as the TC Electronics G Major.

I haven't used my fx loop in a long time so I thought I'd give it a go and see. Stuck in an old digitech chorus and honestly my ears could detect very little overall volume difference anywhere between 0 - 100 %.

Have you tried patching straight through with a cable and checking?

What pedals are you thinking of using? If you are using digital pedals you'll need to set them to 100% wet, or you'll get phasing between the delayed digital dry output and the effects loop parallel mix.

I run my DC-2 at "100%" (which is actually about 95%). I've even been thinking about modding it to a series loop to get true 100%.

hi ive worked out the problem i put a ibanez pt9 phaser in the loop and this was causing the problems all works fine now thanks for the input guys

Back