DC2 with Countour switch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like a precursor to the F-series.

It's definitely a custom job, and Mesa used to do all different kinds of crazy options, so I wouldn't be surprised if "contour" was the experiment that led to the Contour setting on the F-series.

That was standard on the DC-2. Also on the Subway Rocket which was available at the same time.

Older DC-2s don't have the Contour option. I have one.
DC-3s and DC-5s from the same era have the Graphic EQ. I believe these are the last Boogies to have the GEQ, as later DC-2, 3, 5, etc., have Contour instead. AFAIK.

MrMarkIII said:
Older DC-2s don't have the Contour option. I have one.
DC-3s and DC-5s from the same era have the Graphic EQ. I believe these are the last Boogies to have the GEQ, as later DC-2, 3, 5, etc., have Contour instead. AFAIK.

I think the 3 and 5 kept the GEQ, I don't think they ever went to the contour switch.

Fxrs said:
That was standard on the DC-2. Also on the Subway Rocket which was available at the same time.
+2, I have a DC-2 just like that one here (well, mine is black tolex).

That contour position activates a classic 'V' EQ curve between the preamp and the power amp. I use that position for modern rock and metal sounds.

The middle position is the standard overdrive channel with a flat EQ - it sounds great for a less trebly vintage tone.

The third position is the clean channel (without the EQ). And I love the clean channel on this amp!

Latest posts

Back