DC vs IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkofXlnts

Reaction score
For those that own or have owned both, how does the lead channel on the Dual Caliber series compare to the IIC+? I used to think the Mark IV was the ultimate high-gain amp, but I prefer the lead channel on my DC-2 which sounds a little more loose and fluid to my ears. Actually, the DC-2 sounds great every time I use it. The Mark IV is hit and miss, sometimes I like it, sometimes I think it is too tight and not loose enough. So, I wondered how the DC series would compare to the IIC+ since I have heard that a IIC+ has more of a loose sound as compared to the Mark IV. This is a question born out of curiosity, so if anyone can answer I would love to hear what you have to say.

I have owned a dc,iv, and iic+-THE IV AND C+ are close..very close, in terms of my style of playing/lead channel-loved the clean channel on the dc-(freakin never heard a clean like jOEY b.'S c+......ARRRGGGHHH..NIRVANA..)the other 2 to me cover more territory in terms of tone-from fender/poor man's Dumble to sonic fury, the iv/ii won out for me-your description of the differences sound good to me in terms of tightness/looseness/etc-love that SIMULCAST(hehehe..inside joke...)-all are killer amps,esp. in a band situation-I would take a dc any day, but i will keep whats I got!

Your term "loose" may mean a less "compressed" lead channel. If this is the case, I will agree with the IV>C+ comparison. Like Mike has stated, the lead channnel of all these amps will melt your face with gain, if so required. The clean channel is where your decision should be made. I am currently working to get my '85 C+ to the "nirvana" of the '84 models' clean tone :twisted: . The separate tone controls on the DC may help to dial in your ideal clean tone :?: .

Latest posts

Back