DC series: A dark sounding amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC_ForMe

Reaction score
I hear complaints all the time about the DC series being too dark sounding. Is it just me, or is that completely untrue? I keep my treble and presence settings on 3 or 4 and keep 2200 and 6600 graphic eq's moderate just to keep it from being bright and brittle. And before you ask, no, nothing is wrong with the amp or my tubes. I actually have JJ tubes, which most people complain about being dark too! Am I the only one who finds the DC (mine is a DC-5) to be on the bright side?

Compared to my friends Fender or the Stiletto I use to have it's not as bright . We all have tones in our head we like and seek out so I can see how the DC wouldn't be right for some people. To say it's a dark amp doesn't make sense to me. Lots of chewy mids that sit great in the mix is what my ears hear. Don't ask me what chewy is supposed to mean. It's still early and I'm getting hungry.

IMO it is a dark amp. But it is easy to get a bright tone through the clean channel with some pedal boost. A very versitile amp.

Latest posts

Back