DC-5 rhythm channel doesn't work.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See if it's the footswitch first. For R1 to work, LDR1 needs to be open and Relay 3B needs to be normally open. Other than those two switches, the channel 1 Master Volume pot may be the real culprit because for the lead channel to work, LDR 1 and 2 need to close and Relay 3 needs to switch to closed. If the Volume pot is bad, the channel 1 signal stops there. The only other issue I see is if Relay 3 is stuck in the closed position your channel 1 would not be able to send the signal to the EQ and complete the signal chain, but when you switch to channel 2 LDR 1 and 2 close and Relay 3 is stuck in lead mode so it works anyway.

That happened to me once, try replacing V4. I had never messed with tubes, the tech had my amp for 9 weeks. Oops! Sorry, I didn't read your post all the way thru!

Boogiebabies said:
See if it's the footswitch first. For R1 to work, LDR1 needs to be open and Relay 3B needs to be normally open. Other than those two switches, the channel 1 Master Volume pot may be the real culprit because for the lead channel to work, LDR 1 and 2 need to close and Relay 3 needs to switch to closed. If the Volume pot is bad, the channel 1 signal stops there. The only other issue I see is if Relay 3 is stuck in the closed position your channel 1 would not be able to send the signal to the EQ and complete the signal chain, but when you switch to channel 2 LDR 1 and 2 close and Relay 3 is stuck in lead mode so it works anyway.

OK, so I'll begin by replacing the channel 1 volume pot and I'll let you know how that works out.

I would definitely try V4 before opening the amp up.

Then, if that doesn't work, like boogiebabies said, it may be a footswitching problem.

Unplug the footswitch and see if the amp will change channels with the switch on the front of the amp.

I ended up replacing all of the LDR's and 741 chips in my DC-10. Only 1 LDR & 1 741 were bad, but they were cheap and I figured that it would make it much more reliable.

Latest posts

Back