DC-5 question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reprove

Reaction score
How do I know if my DC-5 is the first version or the second (or "old" vs. "new")?

The older version has a rotary knob on the back for assigning the EQ, the newer version has a toggle switch.

The earliest version has rocker swiches on the front panel as opposed to toggles, rotary EQ on the back. The second version toggles on the front with rotary EQ on the back. Third version, toggled EQ. Also the later version eliminated the polarity switch.

If the above info is correct then mine should be a later version. No polarity. Toggle EQ, Toggle On/off and Stand By. It does have the Mesa/Boogie style logo as apposed to the Mesa Engineering logo. I think some of them came with the Mesa Engineering logo.

Now my other question is with the footswitch. When i bought mine it didn't come with the orignal FS for the channel switch/Eq on-off. Currently i'm using a singal button swithch that just channel switchs. If i get a stereo splitter with one end for Tip and one end for Ring, can i run a second switch for the Eq on/off? I see on the mesa site that there are two version for "old" and "new". Thats mainly why i ask. But yes, is there any circuit differences???

I use the following footswitch with my DC-5. Depending on what version you have, you might have to change the LED wiring in the switch.

These are very sturdy, steel housing, and cheap.

www.tubesandmore.com

FOOTSWITCH BOX REPLACEMENT FOR MARSHALL TWO BUTTON WITH LED

P-H471-LED

Two button footswitch replacement for MarshallTM with LED.

$21.95

The Y splitter should work as well, but I hate having too much crap on the floor.

As for the changes, there were also power supply changes, and footswitch wiring changes. On the older ones, the EQ was only foot switchable from the back.

There may have been other refinements as well.

Each circuit board has a model # & a revision # printed on it. The best way to tell is to take note of how the EQ is switched, what type of switches are on the front, and looking at the circuit board.

MAKE SURE THE CAPACITORS ARE DISCHARGED BEFORE REACHING IN YOUR AMP CHASSIS.

Latest posts

Back