dc-5 problems...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timjtitus

Reaction score
well i took care of a loose master volume pot for my lead channel when i tested it out the lead channel was fine but now my clean channel is messed up! i can only describe it as a really loud hum, i checked the pots and they look ok, i tested all the controlls and they seem to work( they still shape the sound even though it's just the humming) and it is not effected at all by my guitar, even when i tap the tip of the cable with my finger, no reaction. any ideas guys? the other channel is fine now. oh and is the v1 tube the one closest to the input jack?
oh and switched out every single preamp tube, no change.
i appreciate any help, thanks!

really? umm on which pot? the master pot? could u elaborate if u can? sorry i'm too good with this stuff, i'm trying to learn though.

so the pot that i "fixed" on the lead channel is causing the problems on the clean channel?

Sorry,I misread the first post,thought it was the same channel.But it sounds like a bad ground connection somewhere,it is not clear but are you saying you get no guitar sound at all,just the hum?What exactly did you do to the lead master pot,and what were the problems that made you fix it to begin with.If the clean channel just started this after the 'fix",it is probably related to the fix.

the lead pot was missing it's knob and it got pused in and the parts got loose, so i just put them back together and tightened the nut and it works fine now, how do i find the grounds?

Do you have,and can you use a multimeter?I am not 100% sure on that model,but my Boggie and others I have worked on have a braided wire connecting the back of the pots,and the pots are grounded via this "buss".It is possible you knocked a ground loose.It would be a fairly easy fix,but if you are not experienced at poking around inside an amp you are better off leaving it to someone who is.I dont mean to offend you,but if you have to ask how to locate the grounds.I have to wonder if you have any experience inside an amp.It is very dangerous in there,the volts that are present in an amp even when turned off can be fatal.If you are saying the post from the lead pot got pushed into the pot itself,and the casing was still attached to the mounting nut,I suspect that pot is just working by sheer luck and will need to be changed soon.I would suggest having it checked out by a tech.If the mounting nut came off and the pot merely fell into the amp,then that is different,but it still sounds like a ground got disconnected some how.

you were right about the ground, i found it and it was loose. i took care of it this morning and now it's working fine! thanks for your help stokes!

Latest posts

Back