DC-5 Head Owners - Need Dimensions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ Slaughter

Reaction score
I own a DC-5 combo but want to build a head shell for it. I can get any dimensions I need from the combo but would you please tell me:

Total exterior height not including the rubber feet.

Height of the grill cloth/frame on the face below control panel.

I've already done this for a Ampeg J-12R and it worked out very well. I could guess the DC-5 dimensions but I'd rather it be the same as the original. Ampeg doesn't make head shells that I could find so I designed that one from scratch.

Thanks.

MJ Slaughter said:
These measurements are from a DC-2 head. Should be the same for a DC-5, sans the length.

8.5"
4.25"

Note: This is with a 2.5" chassis height, and a 1/8 (.125)" height strip of foam between the chassis and the grill cloth/frame.
Hope this helps.

MrMarkIII said:
MJ Slaughter said:
These measurements are from a DC-2 head. Should be the same for a DC-5, sans the length.

8.5"
4.25"

Note: This is with a 2.5" chassis height, and a 1/8 (.125)" height strip of foam between the chassis and the grill cloth/frame.
Hope this helps.

I noticed that my combo's top, bottom and sides are thicker than 3/4". They are almost 1" thick. Pictures I've seen of the head looks like the top is thicker but sides and bottom are thinner. Is that what your's looks like or are they all about 1" in thickness?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back