DC-3 Stock Speaker?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregN

Reaction score
I have an older DC-3 that I bought used and am just wondering if I actually have the stock speaker or not? Mine has a Celestion Vintage 30.
Thanks!
Greg

I like it. I like my VHT Pittbull better though. My band does everything from Jerry Reed and Johnny Cash to Zeppelin to Pearl Jam to the Chili Peppers, Metallica and Seether so I'm covering quite a lot of ground on it.
Main guitar is a Suhr Classic.

Question for you: How do you like those Burny's? They're on my "watch" list. :wink:
Greg

GregN said:
I like it. I like my VHT Pittbull better though. My band does everything from Jerry Reed and Johnny Cash to Zeppelin to Pearl Jam to the Chili Peppers, Metallica and Seether so I'm covering quite a lot of ground on it.
Main guitar is a Suhr Classic.

Question for you: How do you like those Burny's? They're on my "watch" list. :wink:
Greg

Cool. I'm happy with my DC-3 too, but unfortunately I'm to crappy to have a band, so I don't really know it at high volumes with extension cabs etc. It's a versatile beast. What do you use the VHT for? The same things?

I am very happy at least with my LP Burny. Even though it is one of the lower end Japanese ones (RLG-55 or something like that), with a three piece back and two-piece neck, it is very resonant and light (almost like my strat!), and the neck is great. Also, it has a medium neck tenon that goes to the neck cavity, but not into it, if you know what I mean :) The pickups are also great, giving me that Les Paul vintage vibe. I'm no expert, though. The SG is a very strange beast, it has a very nice and fast neck, but unfortunately the frets are very worn, and there are some cheap features that I have never seen on a Burny SG before: Plastic tuner housings, bolt-on neck and plastic saddles on the bridge(!). I will probably try to refret it soon, when I get the courage to do it myself. Not sure if I want to spend much on it.

I use the VHT on bigger stages where people aren't standing right on top of us and may spill a beer in my stuff. The Mesa is for those type places as well as outdoor gigs. I tend to baby the VHT. :)

Greg

Latest posts

Back