DC-3 Reverb Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captian Chaos

Reaction score
My DC-3 doesn't have a jack plug for footswitching reverb. Has anyone modded one of these version to include the reverb footswitch before. It looks quite easy just not sure where to pop the jack. Thinking I might use the headphone socket. I mean its a mesa, I'm a guitarist what are headphones????

Well can't do it with headphones as PCB used. I have tacked in a jack grounding out the output singal from the reverb tank and switches on and off like a dream. Just need to work out how to fix the Jack as don't wanna alter the amp too much. Thinking of either a little project box mounted to the inside of cab with velcro or a hole in the metal strut bar across the back. Project box seems the most sense.

Depending on how you are using your loop, there may be an easier fix.

I changed the loop in my (now Ryan's) DC-10 to Series. This eliminated the need for the "Mix" knob.
I removed it and put a bias pot in it's place, but it may be a good place for the Reverb jack.

If you decide to put it ouside the amp, make sure you use a 2 conductor shielded cable. If not, you may get a really nasty hum.

Let me know if you want a drawing of the Series loop mod. I can email it to you.

That'd be cool if you could e-mail the series mod (matt.harris(at)tiscali.co.uk)
Currently I have used just some speaker cable linked from the earth on the speaker mute switch to the return connector from the reverb tank. seems to work ok. Only about 6 inches long and socket is hanging out the back. Then it into a shielded guitar lead to a home made switch box. Do you think even for that distance shielded would be needed. It seems such a short run. I can just reach the strenghtening bar and my thought was to run the cable down through the same hole as wires to the reverb transformer. Would look really neat.

Latest posts

Back