DC-3 Available in a Head or just the Combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen a few on Ebay in the last 6 months. I think they did make them. Although the ones I've seen could have been cut down from the combos.

The heads will probably not have as nice of reverb though, since they will have a smaller tank and the tank will be closer to the transformers.

Did a quick Google search and did find they introduced the head in I believe 1990. Good call on the reverb - would actually prefer a head w/out - Really don't use reverb and Mesa seems to have done some really crazy 'engineering' routing out the bottom of the head to accomodate the pan - like a big hole. Did so on the Dc-5 head and another I saw recently at a local music store...not sure the model - thought it was an owner 'butcher' job until I noticed a few more pics of similar setups on eBay.

Will have to keep my eyes open for a head on eBay and a few other forums (like here) :roll:

Most Boogie heads with reverb are that way. It keeps them from getting too tall. I always assumed it was the same tank, but don't know for sure.

Latest posts

Back