DC-10/Stiletto Speaker Advise Needed

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ Slaughter

Reaction score
In my attempt to become more modular with my amp setups I've been selling off combos any buying heads. My latest quest is a 2x12 cabinet that I can use with both my DC-10 and future Stiletto Duece head. Just sold the Stiletto combo yesterday. So I need a cab and speakers that will work well with both. I don't care for Vintage 30's and prefer the Mesa C90's though I want to try something a little different. I don't want the EVM L12 or Eminence Commonwealth simply because of their weight. Yea, I'm a pussy but part of the reason for getting rid of my combos is to cut down on the amount of weight I need to lift into the trunk at 3:00 in the morning.

Does anyone have any input on either the Celestion Classic Lead 80 or Heritage G12-65 or their WGS, Warehouse Guitar Speakers, counter-part? I've commented on this before here but I've got a 1x12 cab with a Eminence Cannabis Rex that I wouldn't mind using x2 in the new cab but the speaker is only 50 watts. Is having a cabinet with minimum power handling capabilities for the amp taking too much a chance?

For cabinets I'm considering the Avatar Contemporary 2x12, Lopoline Signature 2x12 (both very similar cabs). I need a cab at least 26" wide and 12" deep and prefer no more than 20" high so it fits in my truck with my pedal board.

Back