DC-10 Help.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFW

Reaction score
While at a local music store I finally ran across a DC-10. I have wanted to play one of these amps for a long time. My understanding of the Dc series is that it is a cross between the Mark and Recto series. Perfect! Well, after plugging in and letting the amp warm up, I dialed in what I thought would be a good starting EQ. To my dismay, the amp didn’t sound anything like I thought it would. I don’t know if it needed new tubes or what, but there was no “high” gain tones coming from the amp. I got some nice blues rock type tones, but I could not coax any liquid lead tones out of it.

If any of you DC owners could chime it on this it would be great. Could the tubes have been shot? I have owned several Boogies, and know how to dial them in. So what’s the deal? Is the DC series capabile of the Mark series lead tone? That searing liquid lead?

I really want to like this amp, but I’m not going to drop money on it if it won’t do what I need. Thanks for the help!

I just bought one and having owned both MKIII's, MKIV's and Dual and Triple Rectos, I'd say it's more like the MK series.
Gain-8
Treble-7
Mid-5
Bass-3
Pres-3
Lead vol-1-3
Master Vol-3
EQ-IN lead mode
First slider-To top line
Next slider-middle line
Middle slider-Top of bottom line
Next slider-middle line
Last slider- between the middle and top line

This is on the lead channel or bottom set of knobs. It should be very metal and liquid(Y).

Latest posts

Back