David GIlmour's Pedal rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first off, let me say that gilmour is god... but, is that a boss metal zone I see? :shock:

:lol: Its like an apartment block! Lovin' it!

kiff said:
first off, let me say that gilmour is god... but, is that a boss metal zone I see? :shock:

I would just like to be able to think the way this man does.

I was working at the Sound Factory in Sacramento, CA back in the summer of 1968 or 1969 [yes it is a haze]. Pink Floyd was on stage. I could not believe the effects Water's made with just the P.A. and his voice. The over all band was outstanding, and while I had never really heard of them till the point I went out later and bought the Ummagumma album when it came out.

Wow, this thread just brought back a buried memory. :roll:

Dennis

kiff said:

I think he uses one of these http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/fz-2.xml. I like mine for some things. They kind of look like the other one.

stephen sawall said:
kiff said:

I think he uses one of these http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/fz-2.xml. I like mine for some things. They kind of look like the other one.
would you be referring to the 3 on the right? I'm looking at the 3rd from the left, next to the 2 orange ones... except it looks like it has orange knobs, which the MZ doesn't :?

:lol:

kiff said:

In the 80s Boss made an HM-2 (Heavy Metal) pedal which that appears to be. :wink:
It was suppose to reproduce the sounds of the Marshalls.

All the Best,
~Nep~

RectoStudioGuy said:
Heritage Softail said:
His vibrato technique, note selection, and timely use of silence.... That is the real signature sound.
+1
+ 2

Neptical said:
In the 80s Boss made an HM-2 (Heavy Metal) pedal which that appears to be. :wink:
It was suppose to reproduce the sounds of the Marshalls.
ahh, good eye/info!

Yes I agree it looks like a HM2, but I think he also has used FZ2 for a bit.
Lets face it .... he has used just about every pedal at one time or an other it seems. :mrgreen:

stephen sawall said:
Yes I agree it looks like a HM2, but I think he also has used FZ2 for a bit.

I was just confirming what that pedal appears to be. I remember the HM-2 very well. Yeah, he might of used the FZ2 but that's been the gray colored pedal as long as I can remember. Of course his inventory of effects has been quite long.

All the Best,
~Nep~

I thought the HM-2 was a great pedal. I was an FX box aficionado back then. I used an HM-2 for about five years. It replaced an EH Hot Tubes. I eventually replaced the HM-2 with one of the original sans-amp pedals which were similar in tone but with a greater range.

I once used that HM-2 plugged straight into a board to track a radio ad. It was an amp modeler before there was any such thing.

OMG - these old Boss pedals are bringing back memories. I had one of these in my first rack http://www.bossarea.com/other/ce300.asp

Is it just me or does that rig look like something out of an old Star trek episode? Lol. Gilmour has some magic in that combination of gear though, I wish I could get close to his tone.

Something I came across when examining info on his gear is that (found this on the internet so no confirmation of it's accuracy) the univibe rack was custom made from a univibe pedal that was stripped down and rebuilt into a rack right down to the univibe sticker. Univibe rack units were never made.

All your questions can be answered here...

http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=31

I have followed this site for some time; Gilmore is one of my all time favorites.

The above link will show better pics with numbered refences describing each pedal.

I believe this guy may have a friend on the inside but I'm not sure.

He has great info.

Enjoy!

animals cover tattooed on my wrist, love gilmour, would never try to imitate him, just too insane, Pompeii gilmour is my favorite

Latest posts

Back