Dating Celestion V30’s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carmona

Reaction score
Hi guys! Excited to be here. Always loved mesas and wanted one. I just bought a rectifier 2x12 cabinet, which the seller told me was from early 90’s. I’ve read that it’s easier to date the speaker than the cab… but when I researched how to date the speakers… I’m just like this can’t be…

To me it’s blurry but I’m getting : 27LBT4415 05
What do you mesa masters think? If I’m following ole Brian harding’s page (https://www.bygonetones.com/celestion-date-codes.html), I’m getting 1. Date is on the spine, 2. April 1968 - 2001 3. Chassis leg so we go with the blue dating. 4. L for November 5. B for 1969??

Would they have been putting 69 celestions in a 90’s cab? Am i even reading this correctly? Can I date the cab by the serial?

Thanks friends…

I also have a lead on a beat up angled 4x12 that will need some retolexing and grill cloth swap out.. so that will be in the future too.. in a newbie to all this but having a great time getting back into my love of music and gear…

Attachments

• IMG_6846.jpeg
    IMG_6846.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6847.jpeg
    IMG_6847.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6859.png
    IMG_6859.png
    807.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So this is from Celestion’s site and maybe this is the difference…I noticed that the format of the date code looks to be important… mine is DD (27) M (L) Y (B)… so maybe this lines up Nov 27 1992? This seems to make more sense.. but I mean regardless when it was made… it’s fricking LOUD. Broskis and inas… I can’t even go above like 1 or 2. It’s blowing this suburban sheetrock out… and that’s with old mr scratchy pots 87 jcm 800… thoughts maestros?

Attachments

• IMG_6860.png
    IMG_6860.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 0
Thank you for the input GJgo. I pick up a 90’s tremoverb head in Sept. So stoked. The rig of my young 20 yo dreams.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back