Dating a Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpm91

Reaction score
How do you do so? I am interested in finding out when the amp was made and whether it is an A or B version. Thanks!

I would call Boogie:

707-778-6565

They are only open Monday-Thursday though.

Check your effects loop send/returns to see if it is an A or B. I know A's have two sends and two returns that are laid out in a "square," and B's have three jacks laid out in a triangle.

I am also pretty sure that serial number series IV1XXX, IV2XXX, and IV3XXX are Mark IV A versions, not 100% though!

Shep said:
read the mk IV thread! should have all the info you would need..

I do not have the time to sift through 30 pages of miscellaneous questions regarding R2 and boosting it with a TS9. A thread that huge becomes ridiculously irrelevant no matter how reliable. Especially when you can not search in it specifically.

All I want is an answer. I do not have the amp in possession nor do I have pictures.

I do have a serial number: MK 007554.

Can't help you on the date of the amp, but I can say that it's almost certainly a B-version. Mine is an early B-version, and the serial number on mine is 006547.

weemies said:
Can't help you on the date of the amp, but I can say that it's almost certainly a B-version. Mine is an early B-version, and the serial number on mine is 006547.

Thanks weemies, that is all I needed!

Latest posts

Back