Date for a .50 +???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalblitz84

Reaction score
I recently sold my .50 calilber + to a friend and he was curious as to the production date. I really don't know. I know the DC's were out in the early 90's, but I can't find any information as to when the .50 calibers were manufactured. If anybody can tell me when they started and stopped production that would be a great help. I can't find the serial number anywhere on the amp and I've looked everywhere online. You are all my last hope!!!!

I guess here would give you an approximate when the SOB was manufacture so that's about Mark II era which is about early 80's to mid 80's[?]

The caps have the year of their production in a number on them. If I remember correctly, it's the last two numbers. Just take a look and see if you find anything with 8x at the end of a number on the big blue caps.

I'm telling you, just flip the amp upside-down, and look around by the tubes, it's written in permanent marker...

The .50 Caliber + was made from 1987-88 to about 1993-94, from what I gather. I found the date on mine (an '89) inside the removed chassis. It was around the input jacks from what I remember.

I have crawled over Ebay off and on in the last year for the .50 Caliber + model...and it seems that the bulk of the Ebay ads for these amps are most often listed as 1989/1990/1991 models. Mesa must have sold a bunch of 'em during those years!

The earlier .50 Caliber (with EL84 tubes) started aboout 1983-84, as far I have read.

BTW, I love the hell out of mine! :wink:

Latest posts

Back