custom headshells

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
Hi folks not posted anything in a while,does any of you know the current mesa pricing for custom finished headshells,I have a custom dual rec in purple suede,want a different colour as well and was wondering if mesa sold these to order,Iknow you get the bog standard black tolex but what about custom finishes,also I live in the UK any idea about that situation,would I be best goin through my local dealer to get this as mesa CA is a bit out the way and the telephone calls would cost as much as the headshell

I seen a post here saying it would be around $300,I think it was a replacement for rabies 'barney' roadking

cheers guys

Euan

For a normal vinyl/grille color of your choice it will be close to 400 shipped. I tried having one made for my DR w/ shipping to Chicago and that's what I was quoted.

You should sell your old one on ebay to make up some of the cost, a purple seude would probably pull some coin.

purple suede would probably cost some jing. and no offense rabies, but really just dont look that good (trying to be nice). personally I am a fan of the black tolex jute grill look. I'm gonna be putting new tolex and jute grills on my mark III and thiele cabs as soon as I get my next paycheck. between the rent in NJ and the taxes from working in NYC, I lose like 3/4 of my paycheck! :evil:

rabies said:
Platypus said:
For a normal vinyl/grille color of your choice it will be close to 400 shipped. I tried having one made for my DR w/ shipping to Chicago and that's what I was quoted.

You should sell your old one on ebay to make up some of the cost, a purple seude would probably pull some coin.

Well I'm planning getting the basic black vinyl as the replacement and pocketing the rest of the claim money.

Are you saying to sell the broken purple suede cab on eBay? I guess I could try if UPS doesn't re-claim it (which they probly won't). Didn't think of that...

I wonder how much it would go for as Mesa said it's not repairable...

Sorry rabies, that response was for the OP. :)

contact zilla music here in newquay, he makes some sweet headshells/cabs in whatever covering you need, all mesa ones included plus a ton more :)

I might build an extra cab and take it to Mexico to have it upholstered. Maybe I'll pick something really interesting and original.

some really helpful responese here,gives me an insight into the costing,I'll have to check out thta zilla music in newquay,sounds smashing

cheers guys

Hey rabies I love purple suede,the fabric and on amps,yeah groovey as hell,whahahahah

Back