Crunch channel help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roodboy

Reaction score
I am a mesa novice and have only owned a single recto previously. Just got a mark V combo this weekend. I can dial in channel 1&3 with sweet cleans and nasty ovedriven tones but am not getting along with channel 2.
I am trying to get a relatively smooth crunch but am not succeeding. I can't seem to dial out this fizz/grit with too much or too little bass and can only dial in decent tones with the preset at @ 25%.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

channel 2 try this settings

Mark 1
thick switch on
Gain 1:30- 2:00
Master 10:30-11:00
Precense 11:30-12:00
treble 1:30-2:00
Mids 9:30
bass 8:30-9:00
eq on/ preset 1:00

good luck :wink:

Like you, channel two is the only one I have having trouble with now. After swearing up and down that channel three was worthless, and changing my tune very quickly after some experiments, I am confident channel two has some great things in store. And I can't even say enough great things about channel one!

We just need to be patient, because soon enough, we are going to awaken a sleeping giant!
If you get something good figured out, do me a favor and post! I found that swapping settings can be very helpful. Good luck!!

salvatruco said:
channel 2 try this settings

Mark 1
thick switch on
Gain 1:30- 2:00
Master 10:30-11:00
Precense 11:30-12:00
treble 1:30-2:00
Mids 9:30
bass 8:30-9:00
eq on/ preset 1:00

good luck :wink:
These are a big help thanks for the reply.

scott7d said:
Like you, channel two is the only one I have having trouble with now. After swearing up and down that channel three was worthless, and changing my tune very quickly after some experiments, I am confident channel two has some great things in store. And I can't even say enough great things about channel one!

We just need to be patient, because soon enough, we are going to awaken a sleeping giant!
If you get something good figured out, do me a favor and post! I found that swapping settings can be very helpful. Good luck!!
The controls are very different and interactive and combined with the post EQ there is a lot going on.

After swapping my V1 for a chinese one, i find R2 with gain full, trebble almost full, bass and mid at like 9 oclock and mid pres, on crunch mode, gives me something in the same county as my old VHT. nice clear kinda heavy crunchy rythym, great for leads. I didnt like that channel however with the stock jj. i really think the stock jj V1 limits these amps.Well cept on clean, they sound great on clean.
~mike~

Latest posts

Back