couple of quick observations and questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masque

Reaction score
wow!!! i'm loving the V....as a long time triaxis user (since 1999) I am really surprised at how the V fills in the gaps on what i felt was missing with the triaxis......the V seems to have a less compressed sound, more punch and urgency to the sounds and in the 10 watt mode you can get a creaminess that I just cant otherwise out of the triaxis. in addition, there is a pleasant midrange addition to the overall tone of the V that rounds out the notes better to my ears.

i'm not trying to put the triaxis down as I love my rig and have used it for over a decade to great results.....these are just some things I have noticed so far.

also, been comparing the V to my marshall jvm 410h and aside from the obvious tonal differences from a boogie to a marshall I have also noticed that V has a much more smooth delivery when playing lead at high gains......the marshall tends to have a harsh and shrill delivery at times and I'm fighting against that alot but with the V it just seems a whole lot more pleasant to listen to the lead sounds when playing the higher notes.

now a couple of questions;

in my playing environment I am going to have to use the 10 watt mode alot becuase of volume issues but so far i am really enjoying the saturation of the 10 watt mode....any of you guys use that much?

also the manual says to remove the protection netting from around the tubes but I dont see anything around my tubes even though my unit was brand new and unopened from the factory.

and lastly my boogie rectifier cabinet is wired 8ohm stereo and 4 ohm mono.....i prefer the 8ohm so I have connected my cabinet's two 8ohm inputs for left and right into the two 8ohm speaker outputs from the mark V head.....still a mono setup but at least i get the ohms I want....i really would like to have a rivera or hot plate attenuator but the rivera only does 8 or 16 ohms and so i dont want to buy two to accomdoate my setup and i dont really want to run a hotplate at 4ohms.......any suggestions?

Oh! Oh! You should'nt connect the two 8ohms speakers in the two 8ohms outputs. Those outputs are the same output. You end up connecting 2 8ohms in parallel which gives you 4 ohms you have an unsafe mismatch!! Better connect those in the 4ohms output or better a single cable from the 4ohms output to mono 4ohms of the cab.

For the 10watts, you may experience popping when changing channels even if they are all on 10watts.

LPJunky said:
Oh! Oh! You should'nt connect the two 8ohms speakers in the two 8ohms outputs. Those outputs are the same output. You end up connecting 2 8ohms in parallel which gives you 4 ohms you have an unsafe mismatch!! Better connect those in the 4ohms output or better a single cable from the 4ohms output to mono 4ohms of the cab.

For the 10watts, you may experience popping when changing channels even if they are all on 10watts.

you know i was wondering about the ohms deal and outputs on the amp.....thanks a bunch for your help! i'll make the switch tonight.

While it's better to connect two 8 ohm cabs to the two 4 ohm speaker outs, 4 ohms is 4 ohms no matter how you get there, and 4 ohms is not unsafe. Two ohms is unsafe.

MrMarkIII said:
While it's better to connect two 8 ohm cabs to the two 4 ohm speaker outs, 4 ohms is 4 ohms no matter how you get there, and 4 ohms is not unsafe. Two ohms is unsafe.

:roll: First you "have" to connect 4ohms in the 4 ohms, that's it! Once you do that I felt 1 cable was simpler (not better) just the wrong choice of word.

Latest posts

Back