Correct speaker connection

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srf399

Reaction score
I'm looking through the manual here for my MKIV and wondering the proper connection for the combo speaker with my Thiele cabinet.

My understanding after looking at a few of the different manuals is this.

When using either of the 8 ohm speakers by themselves plug the speaker into the 8 Ohm jack. If using both the combo speaker and the thiele plug them each into a 4 ohm jack.

Is this correct? I find the manual for the MKIV and the Rectoverb very confusing on this. I remember one of the manuals suggesting you can connect speakers with higher ohms to jacks with lower ohms for a different sound. I can't remember which manual it was in. Maybe the F series.

What are you guys doing? Running both combo speaker and thiele or just the thiele?

I found the answer.... It is in the Lonestar manual at the end. Shows all the combinations.

The Roadster manual has a bunch of different graphical representations of cab hookups, too. But, you are correct about one 8 ohm cab into 8 ohm out and (2) 8 ohm cabs into the (2) 4 ohm outs on the Mark... A third 8 ohm cab would require a parallel box...

Latest posts

Back