Corners: can anyone help me out??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingTaco

Reaction score
alright, so i recently had to re-tolex my triple rectifier. the tolex, and the leather corners were in really bad shape. i bought some new leather corners for it and i know i have to soak them in water, stretch them, and then stretch them over the corners of the amp as im puting the nails in... the people at mesa told me how to do it.

i have to ask you guys for a big favor though... if anyone could post measurements on where the nails are on the amp, like the length from each edge... it would help me out so much. because i cant find the old holes.

anyone feel like helpin me out?

I hate it when I can't find the hole. Though I don't have a Triple Rec, my Stiletto's holes are 1" from the side and 3/4" from the front. Hope this helps. You might first try poking a pin where you think the hole is first before driving in a nail.

First, take it out to eat, and buy it a few beers. That usually helps find the holes... :D

Seriously though....test fit it first without the nails. Find out where it looks good to you, and mark that with something that will rub off - or a piece of tape. Then poke a pin through and see if you're in the ball park.

It won't really matter where you have them, as long as they all match and look good to you...that's all that counts, right?

I'd measure mine for you, but it's not here right now.

thanks a lot guys!! ill post pics when its done. 8)

by the way, the guys at mesa pretty much begged me not to do it myself. i wonder what that was about? i guess we'll see right!

Back