Cooling fan - Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanboy

Reaction score
Is it normal for the cooling fan to stay running after the amp is turned off? The only way I can get the fan to turn off is to unplug the amp.

Seanboy said:
Is it normal for the cooling fan to stay running after the amp is turned off? The only way I can get the fan to turn off is to unplug the amp.

If it is plugged into the courtesy outlet near the transformer then yes. What I did was get one of those rotary on/off switches like used on lamps from the 1905s and 1960s and put it inline with the fan electric cord. But I do leave it running while I am tearing down the stage to help cool down the tubes and the printed circuit board (PCB) in the chassis of the amp.

Dennis

jpdennis said:
Seanboy said:

If it is plugged into the courtesy outlet near the transformer then yes.

Fwiw the plug for the fan is on the bottom of the chassis on the left side when looking at it from the back. It is a two prong outlet.
It is NOT the plug on the back of the chassis (a three prong outlet).
If the fan is plugged into the three prong outlet on the back it'll stay on when the amp gets turned off and wont turn off until you unplug the amp.

I always thought that was an odd design. It would be better if it was a switched outlet. That way you can plug in an effects unit or whatever and have it powered off when you turn the amp off
instead of having to unplug it.

Back