Convince me to keep my Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who sold a Mark III a year ago, and just bought another, let me tell you, you will miss it! I would say to look into a lighter speaker or switch to head/cabinet setup. also fresh tubes and a once over by a tech. Try doing something you wouldn't do like running without any of the pull switches engaged. Trust me on this, there is no light weight solution that will satisfy your taste for Mark tone. :wink:

When I got my Mark 1 Re-Issue, it was like meeting an old friend. I had the Mark3 and sold it in the early 90s. When I started playing again, I used a Dean Markly sig60, Sovtek mig60, a 1965 gretsch 6160t, peavey XXX combo, and this one (I had it re-capped because I got it 'as-is' for my peavey) . I'm glad to be playing boogies again (except that Gretsch was pretty nice). It also has been re-voiced with 3 preamp components changed, and sounds more like a Brit. It does the 'edge of breakup' sound quite nicely, I might add.

Latest posts

Back