Converting a combo into a head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StratRat

Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

I have a Stiletto Ace 1x12 that sounds great but sounds even better running through my 2x12 cab. Is it possible to get an empty head unit to convert it over, or should I just trade it in and get the head unit proper?

Hope Everyone Has a great Weekend,

SR

What's wrong with using the combo (1x12) and the 2x12 cab? Or, what don't you like about the combo?

Heya JB,

Trying to fit both into a Honda Accord is bit of problem. So converting a combo to a head is cheaper then buying an SUV at the moment =)

Well then, for sure... A head & 2x12 cab are in order! I would'nt mess with the combo, sell it as is, then get a head! :idea:

I did this w/ my TOV. I met the NE sales rep at a local store and he explained the process to me and provided tons of email support through the process as well.

You can order the empty headshell from an authorized dealer. It wasn't cheap though. I think mine was around $250. The good news is you get to pick any color vinyl you want so you can get a custom color. The bad news is if you want a custom grille, you get charged the same amount as a 4x12 cabinet.

come to think of it, that $250 included an upcharge for a custom grille so maybe the headshell is cheaper (I ordered the headshell and a 4x12 cab w/ a custom grill).

took a while to get in, but I love having a 1/2 stack!

I made one once, but it's long gone now. It was pretty simple. There are plenty of people doing their own tolex these days, so I'm sure you can google the info.
The nice thing about doing your own is that it's cheap, and you have the opportunity to do something original.

After hearing the hassle of converting a combo to head, im keeping my RKII combo, and it's 2x12 which i dont like as much, but I figured sometime in the DISTANT (broke-a$$) future I'll get 2 4x12s for my combo also so it can be symmetrical and catastrophic!

Latest posts

Back