Contour control

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hector

Reaction score
I have a Mesa LoneStar Classic and an Express 5:50. I really like the tone created on the Express by setting the contour control to about 12 or 1 o'clock. It gives it a bit more scooped sound with great low end. The LoneStar is quite new to me, with many controls. Wondering if there is a setting on the LSC that might approximate the contour setting on the Express?

There are a lot of differences between the two amps. You are going to have to move more knobs around to try and find something similar. The way the eq stages work on the LS must be considerably different than on the Expresses. So... There must be more adjustments necessary than a counter knob can give you.

lerxst88 said:
turn down the mids and increase bass?

It's not quite that obvious. When doing that, the low end tends to fart out, compared to the Express in the same cab. I guess I just need to realize that they are two different amps. Even though, many have suggested that they are very similar.

Latest posts

Back