Considering selling my Dual Rectifier from early 90's help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy The Elf

Reaction score
Hi all.. I'm a noob. I discovered this board by doing some research on my Dual Rectifier.

It is Serial # R0332 so it is old. I was curious what's a fair price to ask for it?

I've owned it since 2000. I bought to use while I was in a band and about a year later, we stopped playing. Since then, it has sat in a flight case until about 2 years ago I started playing again. I use it maybe once every couple of months to jam or to play a party. It is in perfect shape cosmeitically and functionally. It is just way too loud for house parties and jamming at my friends house (which he'll be moving soon anyways). I want to downsize but haven't decided what I want yet. I might get a Mesa Combo or one of those Blackstar, Jet City, Vox smaller wattage tube amps.

This is what she looks like:

I put it on Craigslist locally for $1000 (for the head w/ the case) and people were on it like flies on **** so I knew something was up. That is when I discovered I had a hidden gem. I knew when I bought it that people sought after the older ones but since then, the demand seems to have increased.

I also don't know much about the cabinet. Any additonal info on that or the head is appreciated!

The amp you have has a different circuit board and output tranny than the new ones. It has a different tone, more like a soldano SLO and is great for metal. One guy here just offloaded one for a significant chunk of coin. http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=45792

That should tell you how much it is worth!

In the current market, you can get about $1200 for your amp.

It should be noted that Silverwulf's Recto was previously owned and signed by Allan Holdsworth.

fluff191 said:
In the current market, you can get about $1200 for your amp.

It should be noted that Silverwulf's Recto was previously owned and signed by Allan Holdsworth.

Yeah, my Rectos aren't a good barometer of what the typical going rate should be. I've now owned over 80+ Rectos... :lol: The Recto from that link was an early artist model, Revision C that sent to Allan Holdsworth signed by him with some notes from his tech. He used it on a few albums and was quoted back in 2004 saying it was one of the best amps he'd ever played...and he's played a "few" over the years... :mrgreen:

The amp in this post is a Revision D, which typically has a lower going rate than C's. My last Revision D I sold was a mint condition "Blackface" Revision D that was owned and used by the Black Dahlia Murder (band). I sold it for $1600? I would think an excellent condition Revision D in standard color scheme would probably fetch in the $1200 to $1400 range (domestically). If you hold out for a buyer looking for one, you can probably get $1500 to $1600 for it, but you'd likely be holding onto it for a while unless you lucked up and found someone already in the market.

Thanks for the info guys! I think for the time being I might just get rid of the cabinet and get a 2x12 so I can actually haul it in my Honda. I really like the amp and I've only considered getting rid of it because it is too big and I don't really need something of this quality to play house parties and what not. I'm play music for fun these days. Well it was always fun but you get the point.

Any info on the cabinet? Is it just a regular rectifier cabinet with a different color scheme?

Buddy The Elf said:
Thanks for the info guys! I think for the time being I might just get rid of the cabinet and get a 2x12 so I can actually haul it in my Honda. I really like the amp and I've only considered getting rid of it because it is too big and I don't really need something of this quality to play house parties and what not. I'm play music for fun these days. Well it was always fun but you get the point.

Any info on the cabinet? Is it just a regular rectifier cabinet with a different color scheme?
I'm selling a recto 2x12. Where are you located?

Keep the head definitely and get a smaller cab. The vertical 2x12 is what I gig with and it's a lot easier to move than a 4x12.

Bump!

I know this thread is a year old but i decided to hold onto the thing. I just bought a Randall RM22 MTS head and I think I'm finally going to part with the Rectifier.

What is a fair price to ask? And btw.. I since moved into an apt unit that is #332 coincidentally (same as serial #). Maybe that is a sign? j/k. Any advice on pricing would be great.

The number thing *is* a sign :).

Don't sell it, you'll regret it one day - that's one of the greatest amps of all time, in the top ten on anyone's list that has a pair of ears and any understanding of the evolution of guitar tone. In my opinion they're also underpriced at the moment and could even become seriously valuable in years to come, much like '59 Bassmans and old Marshalls have done thirty or forty years after they were built.

If it's too loud for the apartment, buy an attenuator. If it doesn't have enough gain, buy a pedal. The *tone* is in the amp.

Ok you have talked me off the ledge. I'm pulling my listings.

The reason I bought the Randall was because it was super cheap for one and secondly, I don't play in a band anymore. I do a llittle cover band thing where we play maybe 4 or 5 times a year and I drive a Honda. My buddy I play with plays with a Line 6 amp so we aren't exaclty professionals.

That being said, I think that if I do part with it, I'll regret it.

I'm not playing in the sort of band where I can really use my Tremoverb now either. I have a little Traynor YCV20 I picked up for cheap, which is great (after I put a V30 in it :)) and covers all the volume I need for jams and open mics. The Tremoverb isn't going anywhere though.

(And not just because I can barely lift it out of the room ;)).

Back