Considering: Roadster 1x12 Combo w/ 1x12 Roadster Cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_You

Reaction score
Last Boogie I had was the Triaxis connected to a 50/50 into a 3/4 tuned back 1x12. Nice tones and cabinet all around. I've been playing through a open-tilted-back CyberTwin combo (downgraded from Triaxis) and it gets decent tones, but all the tweaking/options is a little distracting. Twin Reverb and Marshall tones are nice, its recto tone is REALLY lacking in warmth and decent compression (magic of natural tube compression).

The Roadster and Roadking look like excellent options though I keep waiting for Mesa/Boogie to replace the Triaxis. Wish their amps came with midi channel switching too.

I'm all about keeping things portable so a 1x12 ported-back combo on top of a 1x12 closed-back cabinet should make a pretty big sound in a small package. Seeing the improvements in the Roadking II makes me wonder why they weren't passed to the Roadster and whether they will.

I LOVE the black cabinets with gold grills. They look better in person than the pics. Website seems to indicate a chrome chassis isn't available. Also liking the black diamond plate.

The sound clips I have heard of the Roadster sound like it will cover all my bases nicely. I want a new axe too... Gibson ES-137 Custom. Gotta sell some gear to afford it all. ;-)

Well looks like next week I'll put an order in for a Roadster 1x12 combo with gold grill and a Roadster 2x12 extension cabinet with gold grill (as opposed to the 1x12 mentioned above).

Latest posts

Back