Connecting 2 amps together?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris20ire

Reaction score
I have a Fener Twin Reverb and am soon to have a Mesa Boogie DC-5.An ideal set up for me would be to have the Fender clean and Mesa distortion in my set up.Is there any way of linking the two amps so as to use a single footswith to use one amps clean an another's distortion?

You could set them up to have the Fender clean sound and the mesa distortion sound and run an a/b box to select between the two amps. As long as you have speakers to run both amps through this should be pretty easy to do.

I switch between my Express 5:50 and tweed Deluxe clone with an AB box that I built following the directions on Fulltone's site. It was cheap to build and works great!

Ah, great thread to ask my question along the similar lines. I have only one 4x12 cab. But its a stereo cab 8 ohms cab. I'm assuming I can plug in two heads at the same time and it should be fine. However, I noticed that in stereo left two speakers are selected for left side and right two are selected for the right side. Obviously! But that would sound bad if the cleans are coming only from the left two and distortion from the right two.

I'm thinking, I can just wire them in a X pattern so cleans sounds come from left top and right bottom speakers and distortion from right top and left bottom speakers. What is the quality of sound in this form? Has anyone tried it? Is there a better alternative? I dont want to spend $250 on a headbone or whatever its called. Money is very tight nowadays! :roll: Thanks!

Shameless plug:

I've got a Morley A/B/Y pedal for sale that would do the job nicely. Bough it new and used it maybe 5 times at home. It is now sitting in it's original packaging. It will come with 9V battery installed to power the LED indicators. Paid $59.99 plus tax for it, but i'll let it go for $45 shipped/pp'd. Let me know if you want it!

Latest posts

Back