conecting fifty/fifty to recto 4x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

interrogate

Reaction score
hey there, i`m new to rack gear and was looking a little advice, i ran a fifty/fifty mesa into a marshall cab i had which was`nt stereo so i was only useing one side of the power amp but i have purchased a stereo rectifier cab and was wondering what way to conect the speaker leads at the back? on the cab the stereo imputs are 4ohms, so do i just conect them to the 4ohm out puts on the amp or to the 8ohm outputs, sorry for sounding stupid but better safe than sorry, thanks for any help!

Connect 4 ohm to 4 ohm. Let us know what you think of how it sounds? I always liked the way a recto cab sounded mono more so than stereo.

Also, how are you liking that JMP-1 up against the rectifier? It looks like you may be searching for something that you're not getting out of your rectifier, yes?

thank u for the advice! i luv the tone i get from my rectifier, and use it to play live. i decided to start and build up a small rack over a period of time as i like to try different gear etc and also to mess about with effects when i can afford an effects unit for it lol. i saw the jmp-1 and mesa 50 second hand for a decent price so i thought it was a good deal to start me of. i also like the tone of the jmp-1 and find it nice for lead work plus being able to save so many presets is handy too! i like the rectifier better for rythm`s and it suits me better for the style of music we play but i guess its really a matter of opinion, both great amps.

Latest posts

Back