Compressors

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddzilla

Reaction score
Anybody have any opinions on compressors? I am adicted to compression and just scored an ANALOG MAN Mini Bi-Comprossor :D Found it used in a local music store (in perfect condition , box, manual and even the original sales reciept signed by Mike and dated less than 3 months ago!!!). I picked it up for about 1/2 what they sell for new.

I find that I use 75% less distortion and am able to play softer yet still get a Really Full Fat tone by using compression.

I just started using the JangleBox compressor. I love that it can boost and give me some high end spank, without adding any extra distortion.

The Keeley Comp is great and very transparent at moderate compression levels. Much like the CompRossor side of the Bi-Comp... BUT I am an old fart who came up through the Skunk Baxter / Lee Ritenour / Jay Gradon (to name a few ORANGE SQUEEZER users) and while it is anything but transparent I LIKE what the Juicer does. NOT for everybody but I dig it!

Don't get me wrong the Keeley is great and perhaps the better compressor for many players -- but the Bi-Comp does it for me.

BTW... the Comp-Nova, EBS and Carl Martin are killer as well.

Red Barchetta,
I am with you on this one...The Keeley compressor is a great pedal. Didn't change my tone too much, just keeps everything where it needs to be. It does seem to take out a little high end though if its anywhere from 11:00 or higher. Really shines with the clean stuff and helps add sustain on the dirt.

I only use the compressor for single coil guitars, but when I do use it I use the RNC 1773 from FMR Audio. Hands down the best compressor I've ever heard for guitar, and great for general studio use also. See it here:
http://www.fmraudio.com/RNC1773.HTM

Latest posts

Back